July 15, 2021
SUNY Empire and MVCC Sign Six New Transfer Agreements
Agreements help MVCC students who earn an associate degree in select programs to seamlessly transfer to SUNY Empire for a bachelor's degree
The event was held at MVCC, where President Randall VanWagoner was joined by SUNY Empire Officer in Charge Nathan Gonyea.
“Each year, approximately 42 MVCC students transfer to SUNY Empire to attain an advanced degree, and our most recent data shows that one-year retention rates for these students are the second highest among transfers from all SUNY community colleges,” Gonyea said. “That’s something we can both be proud of.”
“MVCC and SUNY Empire State College both have a proven, steadfast dedication to our respective student populations,” VanWagoner said. “We are thrilled to celebrate an expanded and strengthened transfer partnership that involves the creation of student-friendly pathways from an associate degree at MVCC through a master's program at SUNY Empire State College."
The agreements will enable students who obtain an associate degree in select programs to seamlessly transfer from MVCC to SUNY Empire, so they can pursue bachelor degrees. The programs are:
- Business Administration (A.S. & A.A.S.) to Business Administration (B.S.)
- Business Administration (A.S.) to Human Resource Management (B.S.)
- Business Administration (A.S.) to Management (B.S.)
- Nursing (A.A.S. to B.S.)
- Radiologic Technology (A.A.S.) to Allied Health (B.S.)
- Respiratory Care (A.A.S.) to Allied Health (B.S.)
The three business agreements include an optional accelerated path to SUNY Empire’s MBA program that incorporates the B.S./MBA combined degree.
The two colleges already have:
- General Pathways Transfer Agreement, a comprehensive agreement that enables SUNY Empire to accept in full, all transfer students who have Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, and Associate in Applied Science degrees from the partner community college.
- Chemical Dependency Practitioner (A.A.S.) to Addiction Studies (B.S.)
For each of the agreements, students receive the following benefits:
- Guaranteed admission to a bachelor’s degree program
- Provision of a $100 Better Together transfer scholarship
- Waiver of the $50 orientation fee
- Waiver of the admissions application essay
For more information, or to inquire about community college or corporate partnership opportunities with SUNY Empire State College, visit our partnership programs page.