Financial Aid Programs and Eligibility Requirements
Students planning to be enrolled in a Certificate Program have limited aid eligibility and should review Certificate Program and Aid Eligibility on our Student Financial Services website for more information.
- Federal Grants and Loans:
- Pell Grants
- Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
- Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education Grant (TEACH)
- Stafford Loans
- Perkins Loans
- Federal Work Study (FWS)
- Federal PLUS Loans
- See also information about federal loan consolidation and verification of information
- New York State Grants and Scholarships:
- Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)
- State University Student Assistance (SUSTA)
- Aid for Part-Time Study (APTS)
- Part-Time TAP
- Memorial Scholarships for Children and Spouses of Deceased Police Officers and Firefighters
- Regents Award for Child of Correction Officer Award (CO)
- World Trade Center Scholarships
- Other Grants, Scholarships, Loan Programs and Incentives
- Non-NY state grants
- Women and Minority Students
- Financial Aid for Veterans and Military Personnel
- Financial Aid Assistance and Resources for Persons with Disabilities
- Empire State College Scholarship Search: Link to our own free scholarship search for institutional funds.
- The State University of New York Empire State Diversity Honors Scholarship Program: Empire State College administers these collegewide scholarship funds each year by matching state funding to undergraduate students. Eligibility is based on a number of diversity factors such as, but not limited to, financial need, disability and ethnicity. Institutional annual allocations are based on the New York state budget.
- Outside Scholarship Sources: Link to free online scholarship searches.
- Alternative (Private) Loans
Provisions of Financial Aid Awards
Name: SUC Empire State College
Undergraduate Associate: 0916
Undergraduate Bachelor's: 0913
Graduate: 5680 (for graduate students applying for Veteran Tuition Awards)
Students planning to attend summer 2018, fall 2018 or spring 2019 should apply for financial aid for 2018-2019 by submitting the FAFSA. The priority deadline to apply for financial aid for 2018-2019 was April 1, 2018, but we are still accepting and reviewing applications.
In order to process your financial aid eligibility by the spring term payment due date, you must have all applications in and any additional financial aid requirements/documents submitted and any student loans accepted by the deadline date of December 7, 2018.
Students planning to attend summer 2019, fall 2019 or spring 2020 may apply for aid early by submitting the 2019-2020 FAFSA on or after October 1, 2018.