Financial Aid Programs and Eligibility Requirements
Students planning to be enrolled in a Certificate Program have limited aid eligibility and should review Certificate Program and Aid Eligibility on our Student Financial Services website for more information.
- Federal Grants and Loans:
- Financial Aid Census Date
- New York State Grants and Scholarships:
- Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)
- State University Student Assistance (SUSTA)
- Aid for Part-Time Study (APTS)
- Part-Time TAP
- Memorial Scholarships for Children and Spouses of Deceased Police Officers and Firefighters
- Regents Award for Child of Correction Officer Award (CO)
- World Trade Center Scholarships
- Other Grants, Scholarships, Loan Programs and Incentives
- Non-NY state grants
- Women and Minority Students
- Financial Aid for Veterans and Military Personnel
- Financial Aid Assistance and Resources for Persons with Disabilities
- Empire State College Scholarship Search: Link to our own free scholarship search for institutional funds.
- The State University of New York Empire State Diversity Honors Scholarship Program: Empire State College administers these collegewide scholarship funds each year by matching state funding to undergraduate students. Eligibility is based on a number of diversity factors such as, but not limited to, financial need, disability and ethnicity. Institutional annual allocations are based on the New York state budget.
- Outside Scholarship Sources: Link to free online scholarship searches.
- Alternative (Private) Loans
Provisions of Financial Aid Awards
Name: SUC Empire State College
Undergraduate Associate: 0916
Undergraduate Bachelor's: 0913
Graduate: 5680 (for graduate students applying for Veteran Tuition Awards)
If you are attending the fall 2020 term, the deadline to have all financial aid applications, additional financial aid requirements/documents and appeals submitted and any student loans accepted is July 31, 2020 in order ensure the processing of your aid eligibility by the fall payment deadline.
For students planning to enroll beginning in summer 2020, fall 2020 or spring 2021, the 2020-2021 FAFSA application is now available to complete.