Financial Aid: Introduction and FAQ
The financial aid office is responsible for determining eligibility for financial aid in accordance with funding sources requirements, packaging aid, certifying loans, coordinating the federal work-study program and sending award notifications. Use the information below to learn more about financial aid.
- How Course Outcomes Affect Eligibility (PDF 130kB): know the importance of how the outcomes students receive in their courses affects their financial aid eligibility
- Financial aid brochures: review the types of financial aid available
- Frequently asked questions
- Contacts and resources for financial aid
- Financial aid glossary: common financial aid terms and acronyms.
- Where to Start: Step-by-Step Guide to Financial Aid (PDF 336kB)
Name: SUC Empire State College
Graduate: 5680 (for graduate students applying for Veteran Tuition Awards)
Students planning to attend the 2017-2018 should apply for financial aid immediately.
The application period for the New York State Excelsior Scholarship is now open for the spring 2018 term until December 4, 2017.
Students may also get a head start on applying for financial aid for 2018-2019 by submitting the FAFSA after October 1, 2017.