Identity and Statement of Educational Purpose
Students may be selected to verify their identity and sign a statement of educational purpose. If chosen to complete this process, financial aid will not be determined at Empire State College until this requirement has been satisfied. If requested, please download the appropriate form below.
- Students who reside in New York state or students who do not reside in New York state but are admitted or seeking admission to SUNY Empire State College locations in Albany, Alfred, Auburn, Batavia, Binghamton, Brooklyn, Buffalo-Cheektowaga, Canandaigua, Corning-Elmira, East Syracuse, Fort Drum, Fredonia, Hartsdale, Hauppauge, Ithaca, Jamestown, Johnstown, Latham, Lockport, Manhattan, Nanuet, Newburgh, Old Westbury, Olean, Plattsburgh, Queensbury, Riverhead, Rochester, Saratoga Springs, Schenectady, Staten Island, Syracuse, Troy, Utica or Watertown should complete the year-appropriate form below. We highly recommend first contacting the location you plan to attend to ensure an authorized official will be present to assist you.
- Statement of Educational Purpose A 2016 - 2017 (New York Residents) (PDF 62kB)
- Statement of Educational Purpose A 2017-2018 (New York State Residents) (PDF 63kB)
- Exception to the In-Person Requirement Policy
- Students who reside outside of New York state and are admitted or seeking admission to Empire State College at the Center for Distance Learning, School for Graduate Studies, or Center for International Programs should complete the year-appropriate form below.
Name: SUC Empire State College
Graduate: 5680 (for graduate students applying for Veteran Tuition Awards)
Students planning to attend the spring 2 term starting in March 2017 should complete the 2016-2017 Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Students who plan to attend starting in May 2017 or thereafter should apply for financial aid for 2017-2018 by submitting the 2017-2018 FAFSA.