Additional Request for Information
If you have been instructed to do so by the financial aid office, please see below for more information and instructions related to our request.
- Verification: Complete the form online and submit it electronically to the financial aid office.
- Statement of Identity and Educational Purpose
- Declaration of Untaxed Income: Complete this form if requested to report any untaxed income sources received and to document how you provided for rent, food, clothing, etc.
- Unusual Enrollment History: The U.S. Department of Education has established regulations in an attempt to prevent fraud and abuse of the federal student aid program. Review this section for more information on the regulation, who is selected and what is required of you if you are selected.
- Federal Direct Loan Forms: Link to complete the entrance loan counseling forms, Subsidized/Unsubsidized loan agreement forms and exit loan counseling forms.
- Default Clearance: The national student loan database tracks who may be in a defaulted status on a federal student loan. If you were notified that you may be in default you can visit NSLDS online to view your complete student loan history to determine which lender(s) you should contact regarding default clearance.
- Disablilty Status Form (PDF 53kB): This form is requested if the national student loan data system has indicated that you had a prior student loan discharged due to disability.
- Guidelines for Eligible Citizen/Noncitizen Documentation: You may view the guidelines for determining what is sufficient documentation for citizenship/noncitizenship. Please note that if you are going to be sending a copy of your documentation, we will not be able to accept your documentation without a signed, dated and officially notarized affidavit. You may obtain such Affidavit (PDF 33kB) here.
- Proof of Military Status: Students who are considered a qualifying veteran with the veteran's administration office are considered "independent" students when completing the FAFSA. If requested, please send documentation to the financial aid office showing that you are a qualified veteran who was not dishonorably discharged from service. Acceptable documentation of this includes a copy of the report of separation (DD Form 214), or official documentation from your branch of service verifying your status of active duty.
- Selective Service Requirements (PDF 1,380kB): If your selective service status is not confirmed on your FAFSA and we request that you complete the requirement form and submit it to our office accompanied by the appropriate documentation listed on the form.
- Drug Clearance Worksheet: Complete this worksheet to determine if you are eligible for aid after reporting on the FAFSA that you had a conviction for possessing or selling illegal drugs or after leaving blank question 23 of the FAFSA. This completed worksheet can be faxed to the financial aid office at 518-580-4863.
Name: SUC Empire State College
Undergraduate Associate: 0916
Undergraduate Bachelor's: 0913
Graduate: 5680 (for graduate students applying for Veteran Tuition Awards)
Students planning to attend summer 2018, fall 2018 or spring 2019 should apply for financial aid for 2018-2019 by submitting the FAFSA. The priority deadline to apply for financial aid for 2018-2019 is April 1, 2018.
The Financial Aid Office will begin awarding summer 2018 financial aid for students enrolled in the summer term beginning in April 2018.