Official Transcripts for Associate and Bachelor's Admissions
An official transcript will be needed for each institution attended, even if transfer credit from a previous institution is listed on another college transcript.
SUNY Empire State College partners with several electronic transcript providers to receive electronic academic transcripts. If your institution provides electronic transcripts, you may request to have your official transcripts sent electronically from your institution directly to SUNY Empire.
Please contact your previous college/university to request an official transcript be transmitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed directly to:
SUNY Empire State College
111 West Ave.
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Do not send copies of transcripts, certificates, licenses or other documentation of non-college learning at this time.
Non-U.S. College Credentials
If you have completed college credit at a non-U.S. institution, you must have those credentials evaluated by one of the following approved evaluation services:
- Academic Evaluation Services, Inc. (AES)
- Educational Credential Evaluators Inc. (ECE)
- Educational Perspectives (EP)
- World Education Services (WES)
A course-by course evaluation report is required.
Please make sure to plan accordingly and review pricing, services, documentation requirements and the time it takes to prepare the evaluation report as each service differs.
Evaluation reports must be submitted directly from an approved evaluation service to the college. Copies of evaluations sent by the student will not be accepted.
- Canadian transcripts must be in English.
- Empire State College accepts transcripts from Canadian institutions that are members of the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (AUCC) or the Canadian Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology (CAAT).
All other educational documents must be evaluated by one of the approved evaluation services listed above.