Cross Registration Information
- Meet with your Empire State College mentor to choose classes. Your mentor will create a registration worksheet including the cross registration class. Your mentor will complete the Empire State College section of the Cross-Registration Billing Agreement form (PDF 69kB) form and also the Financial Aid Consortium Agreement (PDF 61kB) form if your bill is to be covered by regular financial aid (Pell, TAP/APTS).
- Register for the cross-registration class at the other school and request the institution's representative to complete their section of the forms listed above. Obtain a registration printout from institution.
- Send a copy of the completed forms and the cross-registration printout to (retain a copy for your records):
ESC Student Accounts Office
Kimberly Durant | Military Accounts Coordinator
SUNY Empire State College | Student Accounts Office |
111 West Ave | Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
518.587-2100 ext 2334 fax: 518.581-2782
- There may be an extra cost for using the cross-registration process – fees both at Empire State College and other institution. If so, you are responsible for paying the other institution fees directly.
- Student is responsible for buying the books for the cross-reg class.
- Register for your classes through the Empire State College registration system.
- Later in the semester, the cross-reg institution will invoice Empire State College for the tuition costs, and Empire State College sends payment directly to cross-reg institution.
- Note for veterans: The appropriate Empire State College cross-reg form is completed ("Enrollment in Other Colleges Cross-Registration form (PDF 28kB)") and sent to the Student Accounts Office and to ESC's VA Certifying Official. Once this is completed, appropriate notification (Post 9/11 GI Bill Parent Letter) to the cross-registration college will be sent. The cross registration college’s Veterans Certifying Official will certify enrollment to the Veterans Administration.
Please refer to the Cross Registration web page for further details.
Note: You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to download and view the PDF files above. If Acrobat Reader is not installed on your computer, you can download it from the Adobe site. If you are still unable to view the file, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800 847-3000.