Annual Safety and Security Report and Procedures Now Available to the Community Online
By Helen Edelman, Manager, Exchange
October 17, 2011
The link to the report will be emailed to current students and students who have been enrolled in the college during the past three years, faculty and staff – a total of 27,000 members of the community. The report is being emailed instead of printed as a cost-saving and green measure; however, paper copies may be made available to individuals who request it.
The federally mandated report includes statistics for the three previous calendar years about crimes that occurred in buildings owned or controlled by SUNY Empire State College in all 35 locations, or on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from these buildings.
Additionally, the report includes institutional policies and procedures related to:
- emergency procedures
- domestic and workplace-violence information
- incident-reporting policy and procedure
- crime prevention
- sexual-assault information and prevention
- bias-related crime information
- additional information required under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act.
For more information, contact Tom Vumbaco.