Students matriculated at one institution and cross registering into another institution should be aware of the proper documentation needed in order to be charged accordingly as well as process their financial aid.
NOTE: Forms mentioned below can be found in the MyESC Forms Center . You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader version 5.0 or higher to download the forms. If Acrobat Reader is not installed on your computer, you can download it from the Adobe's site. If you are unable to use the file, please contact StudentAccounts@esc.edu for assistance.
Empire State College Students Cross Registering Into Another Institution
- Be sure your selections have been reviewed with your mentor.
- Enroll into your cross-registered study or studies as part of your Empire State College registration. Your cross-registered course will be included in your Empire State College charges.
- If you are cross registering into a community college that has a billing agreement with Empire State College, fill out the Cross-Registration Billing Agreement form (PDF 69kB)(participating colleges are listed on the form) and send the form to Student Accounts. When we receive an invoice from your host college, we will decrease your charges according to the amount of tuition paid at your host college, and send the amount of the credit to them. Note:Students are required to pay fees at both institutions.
- Empire State College participates in a variety of consortium agreements with local colleges, such as the Hudson Mohawk Association and the Rochester Alliance. Contact your center for more information.
- For all other colleges, fill out the Enrollment in Other Colleges Cross-Registration form (PDF 28kB) and send the completed form, along with your paid receipt from your host institution, to Empire State College, Student Accounts, 111 West Avenue, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866. Your tuition at Empire State College will be decreased for either the amount of tuition you paid at the host institution or the amount of tuition charged at Empire State College, whichever is less. Note:Students are required to pay fees at both institutions.
- Regardless of your host school, if you are a financial aid student who cross registers, you also must fill out the Financial Aid Consortium Agreement (PDF 61kB) . Your federal financial aid cannot be processed without this form. Please note that some schools will defer your charges with a Financial Aid Consortium Agreement in place. However, excess financial aid funds are disbursed to you, not your host college. You are then responsible for paying your bill at the host institution.
- All paperwork must be in Student Accounts in order to process the appropriate credits to your charges. Registrations that are not paid, deferred by financial aid or set up on the college's Time Payment Plan may be cancelled. Please contact Student Accounts if you have difficulty getting your paperwork in on time.