Time Payment Plan Terms and Conditions
- Empire State College offers a payment plan to pay your registration charges in three convenient installments. The time payment plan has a nonrefundable application fee of $25 per term.
- You can enroll in the time payment plan by accepting the terms and conditions of the plan at MyESC or by mail. In both cases, there is a $25 nonrefundable application fee. You must also make your first one-third down payment by the term's payment due date, or if you register anytime after the payment due date your first one-third down payment must be made immediately to avoid cancellation of your registration.
If your registration is cancelled for nonpayment, or if you are academically dismissed, withdraw or drop at any point in the term, you remain financially responsible for the time payment plan fee.
- The preferred payment method is online through MyESC using a credit or debit card (Discover, Visa, MasterCard and American Express), or by check. You also may use the remittance slip on your statement to mail your check or money order to Empire State College, Student Accounts, 111 West Ave., Saratoga Springs, NY 12866. Include your name and your student ID number on all checks and correspondence.
- If you default on the time payment plan, the college reserves the right to restrict your enrollment in this plan for the future terms. If your application is denied, your down payment will be returned to you; however your application fee will not be refunded.
- In determining your payments, any approved financial aid (state, federal, third-party sponsorships and/or other scholarships) will be deducted from your registration charges.
- For time payment enrollees, your second payment is due on the 15th day of the month following the start date of the term. The final payment is due on the 15th day of the following month. For example, if you register in June for classes that start in September, your initial installment is due by the September term's payment due date. Your second and third payments are due on Oct. 15 and Nov. 15, respectively. You will receive email reminders for the second and third installments.
- Timely payment of scheduled installments is important. Overdue installments are assessed a late fee of $30. In addition, there is a $20 charge for checks returned by the bank as uncollectible funds. The college reserves the right to deny future payment plan privileges when a student's payments have not been made as scheduled.
- Failure to make your payments does not constitute a withdrawal from the college. Until or unless an official withdrawal/request for refund form is filed, a student is considered officially enrolled and liable for their tuition and fees, according to the college's withdrawal policy.