Student Affairs Committee
Report to Senate
February 10, 2006
Student All College Conference – The Student All College Conference has begun planning for next year's conference – November 3-4, 2006 at the Gideon Putnam in Saratoga Springs. SAC will continue to provide primary direction and guidance for the conference content and shape, but the Office of Enrollment Management will provide administrative support. The Conference subcommittee will do a presentation at the (employee) All College in March.
SAC Newsletter – our spring issue, due to be distributed in April, will include the following articles:
- a notification about FERPA
- an article by NEC student Michelle Buffardi about her experience at the Student All College
- an overview of the different residencies offered across the college
- an update on the academic calendar/online registration implementation
- profiles of some of the student SAC members
- a listing of the dates of center graduation ceremonies
- an article about the process of awarding scholarships
Academic Calendar Implementation – SAC continues to provide our administrative liaison, Tai Arnold, with feedback on the calendar implementation plans, specifically in regards to the ways in which students are informed of the academic calendar. The online registration process will be presented to the committee at our face-to-face meeting in early April.
Kathleen Egan and Lore Westcott