Faculty Travel Scholarship Application
The deadline is 4 p.m., EDT, Thursday, March 27, 2014 — no exceptions will be made.
Twenty $150 scholarships are available for SUNY faculty to attend The Future of STEM conference in Saratoga Springs, N.Y. on April 4, 2014.
The goal of the scholarship is to provide opportunities for professional growth by helping with travel and lodging expenses.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- faculty member of a SUNY institution (50% or more at the SUNY institution)
- distance greater than 50 miles from Saratoga Springs to their home
- completed application submitted by 4 p.m., EDT, March 27, 2014
- registered for the conference and registration fee received no later than 5 p.m., EDT, March 28.
Note: Failure to submit payment for the conference will result in award withdrawal.
Awardees will be notified by email on March 28, 2014. Disbursement of scholarship funds will occur at the conference on April 4, 2014.
Email the completed application as an MS Word document or PDF to STEM2014@esc.edu.
- Applications are reviewed by the steering committee members to determine the best overall applicants. The highest-rated applicants will be selected as scholarship recipients.
- Scholarships are scored on the basis of demonstrated STEM career interest and financial need.
- Travel scholarships will not be awarded to anyone in the immediate conference location area (<50 miles travel).
Contact Kathy Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-847-3000, ext. 2896.