Health and Mental Health Resources
“After the Storm: Psychological First Aid in Response to Hurricane Sandy” is a free workshop set for Nov. 16, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., with registration at 8:30 a.m. Pre-register here.The event will be held at the Adelphi University Ruth S. Harley University Center, Garden City Campus (ballroom). Both new and seasoned professionals providing care in the aftermath of the storm are welcome. For details of the day’s schedule, go to socialwork.adelphi.edu/news-events/events/after-the-storm-how-to-apply-psychological-first-aid-pfa/
For more information, email email@example.com or call Audrey Freshman, director of the Office of Professional and Continuing Education, at 516-877-4339.
- Mobile Medical Van Locations - Mobile vans are providing medical care and prescription drugs at locations in Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island. If you have problems with the link, please call 311.
- Siemans Hurricane Sandy Hearing Aid Replacement Program - Siemans will replace the hearing aids they manufacture free of charge if damaged or lost as a result of Hurricane Sandy. They will also replace other brands at a reduced cost. The application deadline is Dec. 31, 2012.
Resources for Students
- The Student Wellness Assistance Program provides access to Web-based services and one-on-one 24/7 telephone counseling. It is available free of charge to all Empire State College students.
- Talk One-2-One is a resource for confidential, convenient, 24/7 support. Read more about it on our website.
Start by calling 800-756-3124 and talking to one of our counselors on the phone. Many times problems can be resolved within that phone call. Sometimes things are a little more complicated, and you may want to meet with someone in person to talk through your issue more in depth. In that case, we would find you an in-network counselor close to your center, home or work so you could talk to someone face-to-face.
Resources for Faculty and Staff
- Contact the human resources office (518-587-2100, ext. 2240) if you need assistance with determining your health and mental health benefits.