October 17, 2012
Newly Redesigned Site
Welcome to the newly redesigned regional site. You will always be able to find the most recent news story or event announcement for your region on the site’s landing page.
The phrase “Where to Study” replaces the phrase “Learning Centers” on the top navigation bar of the public-facing college website. This change is meant to lead users to an interactive map that links to the individual center pages. The goal of the change is to emphasize what the college does – educate, as well as to let visitors know that the college is located near learners across the state.
The design is the culmination of input and feedback from students, faculty and staff. It combines best practices across the centers and incorporates features requested in survey responses.
The terms “center” and “units” have been replaced by “regional administrative office” and “office” to make the ideas and terms more understandable to visitors outside the college community.
Features of the new regional location sites include:
- customized-for-the-region RSS feeds of student and alumni events
- brief faculty biographies with photos
- region-specific news and events with the – most current displaying on the region’s landing page
- location photos and directions with embedded Google maps
- links to collegewide and region-specific learning opportunities
- social media links for each location on each page
- message from the dean.
The Center for Distance Learning, Center for International Programs and School for Graduate Studies are undergoing content audits and will have new site designs later in the academic year.