M.A. Liberal Studies Submitting the Degree Program, Rationale Essay and Literature Reivew
The final degree program plan must be electronically submitted on a degree program form available from the School for Graduate Studies web page at www.esc.edu/GradStudents, signed by your academic advisor and submitted to the chair of liberal studies. Once the chair has reviewed this, it will be forwarded to the members of the liberal studies degree program review committee. This committee, which comprises members of the graduate faculty, convenes approximately once a month to review proposed degree programs and rationale essays. Each program and rationale essay is carefully considered and evaluated against the program and rationale criteria listed earlier. Several outcomes of a review are possible:
- the committee approves the program and rationale as is;
- the committee needs additional information before it can approve the program;
- the committee recommends changes that will not affect the basic design of the program;
- the committee approves the general design of the program but requires revisions to the rationale essay and/or the literature review; or
- the committee does not approve the program design and suggests revisions in the program and/or rationale essay.
You will be notified, in writing, of the committee’s decision within approximately one week of their meeting.