Empire State College's online library (www.esc.edu/Library) provides access to reference services, search tools and full-text research resources (journals, e-books, multimedia, etc.) for student, faculty and staff use. With the expansion of distance learning, the library has developed an extensive collection of online journals, e-books and research databases, as well as services to help students and faculty locate print materials at nearby SUNY or other libraries.
Online library services and resources include:
- day, evening and Sunday reference services via live chat, online form, phone and e-mail
- live online library skills workshops that students can take from home
- online tutorials, screencasts, Facebook and Twitter posts to provide help and search tips
- 111,000+ full-text electronic books
- 54,000+ full-text journals
- 150+ research databases encompassing millions of full-text articles, reports, dissertations and other materials
- 2300+ reference e-books
- 4.5 million+ searchable, digital works of art and photography
- dozens of subject guides linking to the most relevant research tools, new publications and Web resources by discipline.