Admissions Review for a Master's Degree
An application is reviewed when it is complete. A complete application includes:
- standard biographical information;
- a record of previous experience in employment and/or education (a resume);
- a personal essay describing academic and professional goals and an analytical essay (in the M.A.T. program only one essay is required);
- all official transcripts of undergraduate and graduate study completed prior to submission of the application;
- two letters of recommendation from appropriately qualified persons who can attest to the applicant's ability to pursue graduate study (personal references are not appropriate); and
- a $50 orientation fee.
Applications are reviewed regularly throughout the year but only after all required documents have been received. You should submit all documents immediately upon applying. It is important to note that the MAT program only starts new students in the fall term. The M.A. programs and the M.B.A. program start new students in the fall and spring terms.
Transcripts, letters of recommendation, the personal essay, the analytical essay and employment experience are all considered in the admission decision. When necessary, the program chair/coordinator conducts a personal or telephone interview. No single factor in itself will determine the admission decision. (Please see the Admissions Policy located in the Policy and Procedures section.)