Additional Request for Information
If you have been instructed to do so by the financial aid office, please see below for more information and instructions related to our request.
- Verification: Complete the form online and submit it electronically to the financial aid office.
Please note, federal tax return copies are no longer acceptable. If our office requests tax documentation, students will be required to either utilize the IRS data retrieval option on the FAFSA, or submit an official IRS tax return transcript. This can be requested from the IRS or downloaded here.
- Statement of Identity and Educational Purpose
- Declaration of Untaxed Income: Complete this form if requested to report any untaxed income sources received and to document how you provided for rent, food, clothing, etc.
- Unusual Enrollment History: The U.S. Department of Education has established regulations in an attempt to prevent fraud and abuse of the federal Pell grant program. Review this section for more information on the regulation, who is selected and what is required of you if you are selected.
- Federal Direct Loan Forms: Link to complete the entrance loan counseling forms, master promissory notes and exit loan counseling forms.
- Federal Perkins Loan Section: Complete the federal Perkins master promissory note only if the financial aid office has instructed you to do so and you already have a federal Perkins awarded to your account.
- Default Clearance: The national student loan database tracks who may be in a defaulted status on a federal student loan. If you were notified that you may be in default you can visit NSLDS online to view your complete student loan history to determine which lender(s) you should contact regarding default clearance.
- Drug Clearance Worksheet: Complete this worksheet to determine if you are eligible for aid after reporting on the FAFSA that you had a conviction for possessing or selling illegal drugs or after leaving blank question 23 of the FAFSA. This completed worksheet can be faxed to the financial aid office at 518-581-2782.
- Disablilty Status Form (PDF 53kB): This form is requested if the national student loan data system has indicated that you had a prior student loan discharged due to disability.
Note: You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the PDF file. If Acrobat Reader is not installed on your computer, you can download it for free from Adobe's site. If you are still unable to view the file, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-847-3000.
- Guidelines for Eligible Citizen/Noncitizen Documentation
- Proof of Military Status: Students who are considered a qualifying veteran with the veteran's administration office are considered "independent" students when completing the FAFSA. If requested, please send documentation to the financial aid office showing that you are a qualified veteran who was not dishonorably discharged from service. Acceptable documentation of this includes a copy of the report of separation (DD Form 214), or official documentation from your branch of service verifying your status of active duty.
- Proof of Selective Service Registration: If your selective service status is not confirmed on your FAFSA and we request that you submit proof, you must provide documentation that you have registered with selective service, proof that you are not male, or proof that you entered the United States after your 26th birthday and were not required to register with selective service.
View your Award (login required)
Empire State College
111 West Avenue
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Questions? Contact the student information center at 518-587-2100 or 800-847-3000.
Name: SUC Empire State College
Aid for Part-Time Study funding has become available again for the 2014 spring term, which falls within the 2013-2014 academic year. You must apply for APTS for 2013-2014 in order to receive a 2014 spring award.
The priority deadline to apply for financial aid for 2014-2015 is April 1, 2014.