Awards and Fellowships
Empire State College Student Service Award
The Empire State College Student Service Award honors students who show exceptional service to their college or communities. Service efforts range from involvement in a student organization to participation in community service.
The Office of Collegewide Student Services will recognize 20 students to receive the Service Award during the 2014-2015 academic year.
The award will be presented at the 2015 Annual Student Wellness Retreat (April 16-18, 2015 in Albany, N.Y.). Awardees are eligible to receive a travel grant to attend.
To apply for the Empire State College Student Service Award, an applicant must:
- be a matriculated student of Empire State College
- have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- obtain two letters or recommendation
- complete two short responses regarding participation in service.
The Chancellor’s Award for Student Excellence
The Chancellor’s Award is an opportunity to honor students who have demonstrated exceptional academic performance and have excelled in other areas of their life while being a student. This award recognizes model students who have integrated academic excellence with other aspects of their lives, which may include:
- arts (creative and performing)
- career achievement
- community service
We are currently accepting nominations for 2015. Please contact your local student services coordinator for more information.
Richard Porter Leach Fellowship for the Arts
The fellowship enables active and established performing artists to pursue a college degree (graduate or undergraduate) while continuing to practice their craft. The fellowship continues until the student completes his or her degree, as long as he or she remains in good academic standing and is active in the craft. If you are aware of a student who fits the criteria, please share this information and encourage him or her to apply.
Applications are due by Oct. 1 of every year and can be obtained from the Office of Collegewide Student Services by calling 518-587-2100, ext. 2201 or emailing Kelly.Williams@esc.edu.
The application consists of:
- application form
- letter of nomination from the director or manager of a performing company or other established member of the theater, dance or music community
- resume or biography
- one or two samples of work (photographs, videotapes, audio-cassette tapes)
- two additional references (current coach, mentor or teacher, if possible).
ACT for Excellence and Student Initiative Scholarship
This scholarship rewards students for excellence in their academic performance and extraordinary commitment to their campus and/or community. The scholarship amount is $1,000 with an additional $250 given in the student’s name to the charity of his or her choice.
Requirements of the scholarship:
- The student must have a dean’s list GPA (3.5 or greater) as of the last reporting period.
- The student must have helped to identify a need for the college or in the community, and worked to provide a service or solution to address that need.
2014 ACT Scholarship Information - July 14 deadline
To be considered for this year’s scholarship all applications must be sent to Danielle Boardman at email@example.com by July 14. If you have any questions, please feel free to email Danielle, or reach her at 518-587-2100, ext. 2255.
Contact your local student services coordinator for more information.
For additional information, visit the student scholarship eligibility criteria page.