Early Childhood Educator's Scholarship
Prospective students, current students and military spouses in the Watertown/Fort Drum area who are working in early childhood professions, including childcare, are eligible for this $600 scholarship. The scholarship is awarded twice a year. Scholarship winners are eligible to re-apply for the scholarship for future terms.
Preference will be given to new Empire State College students pursuing early childhood studies who have graduated from Jefferson Community College and who enroll in the Pathways Transfer Program, but all applications will be considered.
Applicants must submit the following materials:
- one to two page essay explaining the applicant's experience and interest in early childhood studies
- If the applicant is a military spouse, the essay should address their interest in and plans for pursuing a degree through Empire State College.
- names and telephone numbers of two references, one of whom should be a professional reference.
Fall 1 Term
- Application materials must be received by July 1.
- A decision will be made by the scholarship committee by July 31.
Spring 1 Term
- Application materials must be received by Dec. 1.
- A decision will be made by the scholarship committee by Dec. 31.
Application materials may be submitted by email, mail or in person to Mindy Boenning at the Fort Drum unit of Empire State College which is located at the Fort Drum Education Center, P-4300, Camp Hale Road, Fort Drum, N.Y..
Please call 315-773-6139 with any questions.
P.O. Box 908
Fort Drum, NY 13602-0908