What does the Title IX coordinator do?
The Title IX coordinator is responsible for oversight of:
Notification and Education
- dissemination of educational materials
- coordination of training for students and employees about their rights under Title IX.
- receipt and processing of inquires and complaints of alleged discriminatory behaviors that are in violation of Title IX.
- review of Title IX cases received in other offices
- partnerships with the following offices to safeguard students’ rights and responsibilities:
- collegewide student services
- human resources
- safety and security
- examination and review of Empire State College internal practices related to all aspects of Title IX
- remaining current with state and federal laws as they relate to Title IX.